Saturday, September 8, 2012

Cloaked and Of Posiden

Hey all!!!! It is now the lovevly weekend!!!!! I was able to read two different books last night, the first being Cloaked. Cloaked is by Alex Finn who also wrote Beastly if anyone has read that. To be truthful I have read many books over the span of my short time being on our lovevly planet that we call earth. This particular novel didn't stand out to me what so ever. Basically it's a quick boring teenage read. I personally didn't like the style of the book, but give the author props for attempting
 do something a bit different . I didn't like the way she used the grim fairy tales either, I feel like any one could have wrote this particular book. The second book I read was called Of Posiden, which definitely captured my interest from the summary alone. This book was quite a lot better at taking a pre-existing story and completely manipulating it to tell a brand new story of its own. Definitely a lot interesting on many levels, especially after taking Greek mythology and completely redoing the whole basis of what you think you know about Posiden himself. Highly recommend Of Posiden, not Cloaked. Happy reading to everyone!!! Leave comments and suggestions below, please and thank you!!! Ciao

No comments:

Post a Comment