Monday, September 3, 2012

Queen of Water

Hey everyone, haven't been on in a while. Have been very busy with the start of my senior year of high school!!!!! It has been very exciting so far and feels like a good year. I have just started the teen reads for Florida! I have just read Queen of Water by Laura Resau and Maria Virginia Farinango. This book is about a Incan girl from Ecuador whose parents basically sell her to mestizos( mixed between Incan and Spanish decent). I felt like this book was very powerful and chosen for a very good reason. It gives a glimpse into Ecuadorean society and some of their customs. What I felt was the biggest seller, was the way the authors interacted with you like you were family or a close friend. This novel showed how even in modern society, that there is still slavery in a way. That others will take advantage of you especially if they think or consider you inferior. The book is based upon a true story and really makes you think about taking advantage of the life you have. But also to learn to appreciate the simplest things and be grateful on a basic level. Hope you guys have happy reading, and let me know what you are reading by leaving me a comment! Ciao 

No comments:

Post a Comment